Week twenty five of the Barclays English Premier League featured the confirmation of Leicester City as legitimate title favorites. A daunting trip to The Emirates was welcomed with an emphatic victory as Leicester ran out 3-1 winners over a stunned Manchester City side. Tottenham continued their hot run jumping up to 2nd place in the table to a height they have never reached before. Meanwhile, both Liverpool and Manchester United conceded late goals and dropped precious points. And there is life at the bottom of the table too as four of the five bottom dwellers all cashed points on the weekend as they attempt to keep hopes alive.
Get your popcorn ready as we get the BIG match next Sunday as Leicester City travels to Arsenal. Can Vardy and friends shock the world again?
The Winners --
1. Leicester City - simple words don't do their comprehensive win at Manchester City justice. These guys are for real and can most certainly win the title this year.
2. Tottenham - rolling along in fine form reaching their highest standing ever at 2nd. Looks like Champions League is a lock this year.
3. Arsenal - just a workmanlike effort to secure the three points setting up the clash as leaders Leicester City come calling next.
4. Everton - quietly climbing up the table sitting 8th after two straight 3-0 wins.
Treading Water ---
1. Chelsea & Manchester United - an entertaining draw where a stoppage time Diego Costa goal saved the home side. A point each that really doesn't do much for either.
2. Swansea - playing better of late but a draw on home turf to a floundering Crystal Palace side won't save the season.
The Losers ---
1. Manchester City - getting the leaders on your home pitch and completely not showing up. A serious title blow.
2. Liverpool - the biggest flop of the weekend in my opinion. Blowing a two goal lead on home turf to lowly Sunderland. A total Klopp flopp.
3. Norwich - dropping like a rock into the relegation zone with five straight losses.